For an overview of nature routes, sights, overnight stays etc., see www.udinaturen.dk
See large map of Rold Skov forest with key
Car parks are marked on the hiking tour leaflets. Popular car parks are:
- Rebild near the entrance to the national park where there is easy access to a number of hiking routes in Rebild Bakker and the forest east of this with Ravnkilde
- Skørping school with Rold Skov Trailcenter (MTB, O routes, skiing, health tracks, etc.)
- Fruesko car park at Buderupholmvej, easy access to Bjergeskoven forest, the river valley
- Mosskovpavillionen, beginning of the popular tour around St. Økssø
- The trading post at Arden-Hesselholt Skov, off-leash dog park, playgrounds, camp-fire site, facilities for the disabled
In the state-owned part of Rold Skov forest, many of the forest tracks are in such good condition that they can are suitable for wheelchairs, though there is no guarantee. A path has been established around the St. Økssø lake for wheelchair users. There are also fishing sites here for wheelchair users
Show consideration - using the countryside
Many people use the countryside - and for vastly different things. Therefore, a set of rules for the countryside have been prepared. The rules have been drawn up to make a trip to the countryside enjoyable for as many people as possible. Remember that the rules apply primarily for the state-owned part of Rold Skov forest. If you want to go to the privately owned parts of the forest, other rules apply.
Rules of the countryside
You can ride your bike on all the paths and forest tracks but not on the forest floor and down steep slopes or on stone dykes and grave mounds.
Read the Mountain Bike Code of Conduct
Read about the MTB routes in Rold Skov forest
Horse-back riding is free all over the northern part of the state-owned Rold Skov, except for on grave mounds and other prehistoric monuments In the southern part of the forest, south of the line from the Mosskovgård manor house in the east to Mørkehus in the west (1.5 kilometres south of Rold Storkro), riding is only permitted on marked bridleways (marked with a yellow horseshoe).
Taking your dog to the forest
In general dogs must be kept on a leash in the forest. If you let your dog run loose, the Police will be notified. You can let you dog run free in special off-leash dog parks - provided your dog has been trained to come when called.
Find the off-leash dog parks in Rold Skov forest at udinaturen.dk
Read also “Med hund i naturen” (in Danish)