Driving to the Hermitage Castle if you have walking difficulties
Driving motorized vehicles is not permitted inside the Jægersborg Deer Park and Forest. However, an exception applies to vehicles displaying the personal blue disability-parking card issued by the Disabled People's Organisations Denmark (DPOD). The exception also applies to commercial transportation for the disabled – for instance minibuses driving for nursing homes.
In addition, the following rules apply:
- The exception only applies on Wednesdays.
- Driving can only take place between 7AM and sunset.
- Driving to and from the castle must happen through Hjortekær Gate and along the straight road between the gate and the castle. The gate is locked outside of the hours mentioned above.
- Parking is only permitted in the square north of the castle.
- You have to be considerate of other visitors when driving to and from the castle.
- Maximum speed is 30 km/h.
Additional driving without special permission is prohibited and will be reported to the police.
Permission for driving inside the deer park and forest will not be granted for other types of vehicles or on other days. Nor will permission be granted for organized events next to the Hermitage Palace if they require motoring. Upon application, events like these will be referred to the large parking lot at Springforbi, which is outside the deer park.